Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Postseason Letter

Recently we mailed postseason invoices to our valued Legends Suite and field level ticket account owners, and to our other season ticket account owners. Enclosed was a letter signed by me. I thought it would be a good idea to introduce those that did not know me to myself and let everyone know that yes, I am running the team.

In intern pointed me to a post on the "Was Watching" blog by Steve Lambrazzi that took me to task on the letter in a post yesterday. First of all, Steve, I did not write the letter. I run the team, I don't write letters. But to defend the PA that did write the letter, everything we are doing now is a long-term investment for the good of the team.

When Gardner visited that hospital, it was specifically so we could write about it in our postseason ticket letter to fans if all went well. As you know, it did and you would have to be a moron not to capitalize on that.

What Mr. Lombarozzi failed to mention are the paragraphs that proceeded those quoted in his post, which explained how fair we were being on ticket prices. In fact, ticket prices are less or equal to what they were in 2007. I guess low ticket prices is not a very good story. Or maybe he did not read that far down. At least the blog is not called "Was Reading", because that would be a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment