Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Centerfield Wall Deal Inked

I posted recently about my disgust that MLB does not permit us to sell ad space on one of the only remaining unsold surfaces at Yankee Stadium, the centerfield wall. Recently they relented and allowed me to sell an ad to Stanley (the tape measure company) on the left side of the centerfield wall.

After intense negotiations and my insistence that it is unfair to deprive us of the revenue we would attain through selling-out the entire wall, I have reached a landmark agreement with MLB. This agreement permits me to sell that same ad-space to Stanley on the left side of the centerfield wall at all 30 Major League Baseball stadiums.

This worked out really well for us, as we expect revenues from this deal to well-exceed the revenue we would have earned selling our entire centerfield wall at Yankee Stadium. We have already begun placing the ads at 14 stadiums, and expect to have the Stanley logo on all of them as soon as we can secure enough yellow vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment