Sunday, May 10, 2009

Daily News Guy

Yesterday some Daily News media guy named John Madden wrote an open letter to The Boss. He addressed it to George Steinbrenner. Is this guy living under a tree? George does not even call anymore. I run the operations and Brian runs the team. So I will assume he intended to write the letter to me and will address it as follows.

The basis of his so-called letter is that the common fan is not wanted in the restaurants and seats closest to the field. This could not be further from the truth. The common fan simply cannot afford the price of admission for these areas. That is not my fault. I only set the seat prices. I do not set your income.

He went on towards the end to say that the Legends Suites are mostly empty. This is not true as well. Sure there were a handful empty on opening day. But since then we have given away enough tickets to fill the Legend's section for the remainder of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment